Thursday, October 11, 2007

Baby Shower Take 3

Today I was given a surprise baby shower by the girls in class! It was so funny because I had no idea that it was going to take place. I pride myself by usually finding these things out, but not this time!
Dr. Evans at around 10:40 told me that Dr. Gomez wanted to see me in her office. I was like great I am in trouble! He said she wanted to talk to me about the baby and what I had figured out for my practicum out at the elementary school. So, I went to her office and she was really encouraging. She told me the that first I needed to take care of myself and the baby. They didn't want me to go right into teaching my five day lesson the next week if I didn't feel up to it. My plan right now is to go in that week and teach my five lessons, but only stay half days. Both my professors are perfectly fine with that and that is such a huge relief for me!
So, I went back to class hoping someone had stayed for lunch because my stuff was in there and if the door got shut it would be locked! So, I walked up to the room and I saw this table full of food, but I assumed that the faculty were having lunch or something. The moment I walked in they all yelled "surprise" They had the room decorated and a table full of gifts. They had ordered pizza and had salad and dessert. It was so sweet and overwhelming.
I just couldn't believe that they took it upon themselves to give me a shower like that. I held it together though and didn't cry!
I got some really cute outfits, a gift card, two of the girls made blankets for him, he got bath times stuff, and I got a few things for myself. It was so much fun to open the gifts. I am so blessed to have such a good group of classmates!
I don't drive to school, so I called Matt to come and get all the gifts. There was no way I could have carried them all home afterwards! I think he felt a little funny walking into a room of 25 women! I introduced him and it was fun for them all to put a name to face!
So, thanks to all of you. Matt and I really appreciate it!

No comments: