Friday, September 28, 2007

35 Weeks

I am feeling a little lazy today because I just finished doing three hours of homework and I am still not finished! So, I am not going to list my symptoms.
I will say that I am having some brax and hicks contractions every now and then. It is kind of neat to know my body is preparing for the birth of this baby soon. They aren't to severe..at least I don't think.
I had my doctor's appointment yesterday afternoon. I am not going to post my weight or how much weight I have gained. I am going to be done embarrassing myself. I do have to remind myself that it was 3:30 and I had eaten two meals that day and drank a ton of water. Plus I am swollen in the afternoons.
My blood pressure was up just a little, but nothing major. It is still good and I had just walked to my mom's from the college to go to my appointment, so that had some influence.
Babies heart rate is good at 136 bpm. It was a little scary at first when she was listening to it because it has slowed down since the beginning. I was hoping it wouldn't be a concern. It was so strong and that was neat to hear.
I had my Group B Strep swab done. I thought it was going to be more like a pap, but it wasn't and it was painless.
He asked if I wanted to have my cervix checked and I did because I was interested to know if it was softening or if I was dilating yet. It was painful to have him check! My cervix has come forward which is good and it is opened like a finger tip which is very normal at this point.
He is a little worried that I may have to have a c-section. The front part of my pelvis is very tight and the thinks that I may have some trouble pushing baby out. The back of my pelvic area is muscular, so if I can relax those muscles he thinks I should be okay. He asked me what my pain method was going to be. I told him I would like to try not to have an epidural, but if he thinks that I should get one to see if it relaxes those muscles I am totally up for that. I would rather do that than recover from a c-section. He told me that he could be wrong and I could walk in deliver a nine pound baby and be fine. So, he just is putting it out there just in case. He really doesn't want to do a c-section because at this hospital once you have one, you have to have one every time.
I did talk to him about being induced. I would like to see if I could just to plan around school better..plus my dad and brother wouldn't miss elk hunting. That is Eastern Oregon for you:) He did say he wants me to be dilated or have a favorable cervix to do so. He said that earliest he would it would be 38 weeks a week before my due date. He also said that if my group b strep test came back positive that he wouldn't want to do it something to do with stripping the membranes. At week 37 is when they would start stripping the membranes to start getting me to dilate if he says it is okay to go ahead and do that. So, we will see...
I would just like for some prayer in that I wouldn't have to have a c-section. I just really don't want to deal with the recovery process of one.

No comments: